Processing of unsorted logs
At a glance
- Process logs of different diameters in your sawline: Processing of unsorted logs is possible with all LINCK technologies - with the profiling technology and with the reducer technology, for small, medium and large capacities.
- Especially when processing unsorted logs, fast positioning is important due to the necessity of log-to-log adjustments (scan & set). Intelligent algorithms within the LINCK sawlines determine the smallest possible distance between each pair of logs and so optimize the log gap.
- Three possibilities for maximum recovery: Either you store cutting patterns with defined centre products and sideboards or you determine the centre products and the line determines the value-optimised sideboards. With full optimisation, the line calculates the entire value-optimised cutting pattern.
In scan & set mode, your LINCK line can process logs of different diameters. Two different approaches are typically distinguished:.
- An appropriate cutting pattern is chosen for individual log and is applied to this very log, without presorting.
- A presorted assortment of logs is taken for producing cut to size lumber in accordance with a given order list (construction of standard building timber).
- Scanning of the logs
- Selection of the cutting pattern: Depending on the sawline design, either a cutting pattern is chosen from a table with cutting patterns for determined centre products and sideboards or the value-added sideboards are determined with a fix centre product. The so-called full optimisation calculates the whole cutting pattern with regards to added value.
- Processing of the log: All tool axes are individually positioned for each log. As the tool axes have to adjust swiftly from log to log, positioning is carried out by means of hydraulic servo axes. This keeps setting times and log gaps small.